Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ottawa Madison Event



My first cross race of the season was a madison event: two-man teams, alternating laps. I paired up with a guy (Bob) with a 29er and we blasted around the fast, mostly flat, but long course. The field was about as large as the Utah races I'm more familiar with. I have to say though, that the Canadians are a nice bunch of riders, and I think it might have been one of my favorite cross races I've attended as a result. I have also discovered that single speed riding is just not that big up here. I was the only one-gear rider that I could see out of a group of about 150, and I've yet to notice another trail rider sporting one (there are a lot of fixies in town though, which includes a bike polo club, but that goes along with the whole hipster contagion of tattoo, flea market-going lookalike contest). There are eight more races in the season. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: