Thursday, April 06, 2006

How to get on a speeding 'cross bike



Lesson courtesy of Ben. I found this picture on the web one day when feeling sad that I had missed out on cyclocross season and wondering how my friends (and my old bike) had done this year.
The photo begs a discussion of proper technique. Is Andrew McLean's advice apropos in this case - i.e., "try to get all your limbs facing in the same direction"? In any case, it's good to see that the old red steed is still rolling, including the plastic juice-jar fenders.
As for me, I spend about 1/2 hour a day baiting Boston traffic and then trying not to get squashed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the post, Justin!

perhaps you could give us a detailed description of said Boston traffic bravery...

-w

Marg said...

You know I recognise the bike, but I couldn't tell you it's owner. (although I could get it in three guesses, . . )

Boston traffic is something to be scared of, I think I'll risk getting swept off LCC by an avalanche. (which just happened to someone this evening)