Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ragar Relay

Starting Line, Logan, UT

Having had a week's rest to forget the more painful moments I've deicded to post a few pictures from the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. Note this is not the same as the Wasatch 100 - here we run in teams and on roads (vs by your self and on trails) Race was Logan to Park city via, ... well about every small community you'd forgotten about which has Wasatch mountains to the west. Logan, Liberty, Snowbasin, Mountain Green, Oakley, Kamas, Heber, Park City
team Human Test Subjects, "downwind of Dugway since 2008" (all employees of Dugway Proving Ground) finished in a respectable 31:25:50.8 (yes, that would be over a day) for the 188 mile race. As runner #2 I ran 13 miles, split as 6.9, 3,3.3. First leg went fairly well, went out to fast and ended up walking a hill with some sweet wheezing. My IT band decided that it did such a good job in it's SLC Marathon 2008 appearance that it wanted in on the action so I limped my way from the Junction in Mountain Green to the pass under I-84 for leg number 2. Several kids with a hose along the route provided some nice cooling. Then it was into the darkness as I cheered on my teammates in our bid to East Canyon Dam and Exchange 18. As van #1 we got some nice sleep between midnight and 5:30am. I fell asleep in the van which meant when I was woken up in the morning by my cell phone (other van saying they were 30 min out) I had no idea where I was (answer, somewhere in Oakley) Survived my last leg out of Oakley with less knee pain than expected.

Net result - it's definitly on my list for next year!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice.

Who got stuck with the stretch up Big Mountain pass into East Canyon? And Parley's? Sheesh. That whole corridor from the Weeber river is just filled with ups and downs. I bet that was some run...

lis said...

impressive. i had several friends run this year. i can't imagine all that running on so little sleep.