Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Skiing

Erin, Christy, Leigh, and I went skiing up at Alta under the wildcat lift. THis was my first experience with fixed-heel skiing in several years and in the end it seemed to go ok. I may have to tape a sign to my tips reminding me to stop trying to lift my heel though! I'll be getting out both this weekend and next in preparation for starting work in less than 2 weeks, so get in touch with me if you'd like to join.

The heros of the day were two guys in AT gear who came up the cat track, and had a screwdriver, and knew how to adjust AT bindings. Yours truly borrowed Maura's AT rock skis forgetting that her feet are quite a bit smaller than mine. I got them adjusted and was able to head down. The first 2 runs were bad. Very bad, then is seemed to click and while not beautiful it became decidedly skiing rather than going downhill on skis.

Erin represented the telemark crowd on my 195cm rock skis and managed at least a few turns despite the fact that the skis were hugly too big for her. Christy and Leigh performed admirably in their 4th time on skis (ever!). I think everyone should start out earning their turns, it gives you so much more respect for the lifts.

The results of our debauchery? a 3min video shot on my camera featuring some of the amazing women of the wasatch check it out HERE (.mov file, about 6mb plays with Quicktime or linux)

Happy Halloween!

No comments: